|Home||Projects||Get Involved||Calendar||Contact Us|
Sunday, May 19, 2013 from 11:00 - 15:00 (11 am - 3 pm)
Rain or Shine
New Farmer’s Market area in Historic Downtown
Hot Springs AR
e-day Festival 2013 - E stands for Earth, Environment, Energy-efficiency, Education, Entertainment, Excitement…AND… This year we are adding an “A” for art: Discarde d’Arte, the exhibit of up-cycled artwork sponsored by the Fine Arts Center, is back! Awards will be given to individuals, children, and groups for the most creative pieces made from reclaimed and reused materials. There is still time to enter your up-cycled masterpiece in Discarde d’Arte! Discarde d’Arte on-line registration - Facebook page.
For kids there will be Mid-America Science Museum, farm animals, pets, Casting 4 Kids, 4-H Club, the Garland County Children’s Library, and more. We will have great entertainment, as well. Kenny Peck, singer and songwriter of the Smoky Jack Band in Cincinnati will be playing at e-Day. We’ll also have local favorite Rena Wren, and newcomers Laura Lee Williard, and Kenneth Tillery.
Of course, our main e-Day focus is our beautiful environment. If energy efficiency and renewable energy is your thing you can visit the booths of Entergy/Clear Result, Arkansas Renewable Energy Association, Bob Nagy Solar Solutions, AGHco Energy (building energy audits), and see a solar cooking demo.
If you are more into water, OMG! Arkansas Apprenticeship Coalition will be at e-Day with their amazing van that opens up to a scale model plumbing system! More water-themed exhibits will be tankless water heaters, City Storm Water, the Corps of Engineers from Lake Ouachita, Lake Catherine State Park, and information about how you can keep drugs, plastic and cigarette butts out of our lakes and streams.
I have only just gotten started – there are soooo many exhibits to list! I do want to just mention:
Heifer International, Arkansas Beekeepers, Arkansas Wildlife Federation, Ouachita National Forest, REGARD, Loomis Farms, Lisa Danger James up-cycled journals and Wellanthropy, Root’s Chiropractic, crafters Patricia Collins and Mary Ann Taft, Christway Unity Church, Community Gardens, Wolfe’s Pecans, Arkansas Democrat Gazette, ABC Nature Greehouse and Nursery, and Keep Arkansas Beautiful.
e-Day is sponsored by the Friends of the Hot Springs Garland County Beautification Commission, Entergy, The City of Hot Springs Sanitation Dept., Storm Water Dept., and Parks Dept., Mid-America Science Museum, City Plumbing Heating and Electric, Ouachita Life, and Family Care Chiropractic.
These Sponsors, as well as many others are listed at the bottom of this page.
For the Special Discarde d’Arte form please click here:
e-Day Sponsors 2013:
- Beautification Commission Home – http://www.hotspringsgreen.org/
- Mid-America Science Museum - http://www.midamericamuseum.org/
- Entergy - http://entergyarkansas4-px.rtrk.com/
- City of Hot Springs - http://www.cityhs.net/
- City Plumbing Heating and Electric - http://www.cityplumbingandelectric.com/
- Ouachita Life - http://www.ouachitalife.com/about.html
- Family Care Chiropractic - http://www.familycarecc.com/
- Discarde d’Arte - on-line registration
- Smoky Jack Band - http://smokyjackband.com/
- Rena Wren - http://www.renawren.com/
- Bob Nagy Solar Solutions - http://homeofsolarenergy.com/solar-panel-installation-cost-lowering-diy-training-videos.html/
- Arkansas Apprenticeship Coalition - video
- Lake Ouachita Corps of Engineers - http://corpslakes.usace.army.mil/visitors/projects.cfm?Id=B401730
- Lake Catherine State Park - http://www.arkansasstateparks.com/lakecatherine/#.UXgv9KKsiSo
- Save Our Water - video
- Heifer Internatinal - http://www.heifer.org/inside/green-building
- Arkansas Beekeepers Association - http://arbeekeepers.org/
- Arkansas Wildlife Federation – www.arkansaswildlifefederation.org/
- Loomis Farms - www.facebook.com/loomisfarmsfoods
- Lisa Danger James, Mobile Massage - http://www.facebook.com/wellanthropy
- Roots Chiropractic - www.rootschiropractic.net
- Christway Unity Church - facebook
- Arkansas Democrat Gazette - www.arkansasonline.com
- Keep Arkansas Beautiful - www.keeparkansasbeautiful.com
Kelsey Ramsey, Program Director
©2010 Design and Data